BBC iPlayer allows you to stream live or on-demand TV programming from any of the BBC stations. It includes BBC One, BBC Two, and BBC Three, as well as BBC Four.
Only those physically situated in the United Kingdom can access BBC iPlayer. British citizens who are residing in the United States or Canada cannot access any material on the BBC.
There is some good news. Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs, have allowed users from the United States and many other countries to stream BBC iPlayer outside of the UK. To start viewing your favorite programs, all you have to do is set up a virtual personal network (VPN), connect to the servers in the United Kingdom, and register for an account at BBC iPlayer.
Please also read
You will need virtual private networking (VPN) to be able to watch BBC iPlayer from the United States. It is very easy to set up. If you're new to using one, follow the steps below.
- To bypass location restrictions imposed by BBC iPlayer, you can use a virtual private network (VPN).
- Configure the virtual private network service (VPN) on your device.
- Choose a server in the United Kingdom and connect to it.
- Register for an account at BBC iPlayer by visiting the site.
- Relax and watch BBC iPlayer.
You must create a BBC iPlayerID before you can access any BBC content. The requirement was in effect from the start of 2017. This section will guide you through the steps to register for a BBC iPlayer account using a personal computer.
- Verify that you are connected to the UK VPN and that your computer receives a UK IP address.
- You can check the BBC iPlayer website if everything looks in order.
- Enter your birth date when asked. Click the Next button.
- Please provide the required information.
- Click the Register button to complete the registration.
- Inbox will receive a confirmation message that your registration has been completed successfully.
Please note that the country option for the VPN will default to the United Kingdom. You can manually select the United Kingdom by selecting the drop-down option and entering a postal code located within the United Kingdom if you're not connected to VPN.
What should you do if your BBC iPlayer is not working properly?
This is a frustrating situation, however, it is not something to worry about. This section will help you find the best solutions to any problems you are having with BBC iPlayer.
Be sure to turn off your device before you try anything else. Verify that your device has been turned off properly and isn't in standby mode.
Sometimes, updating your operating system can be the best way to fix problems. Check here for updates available to your operating system.
- For iPhone & iPad: Click Settings > General > Software Upgrade
- Android Tablets and Phones: Click Settings > About Device to Update Your Software
- Amazon Fire Phones and Tablets: Scroll to the top of your screen to access the Quick Settings > Select More > About
You should update your app if you don't have the latest version. App updates can often fix problems. Check the app store for any updates.
The first step is to delete the app from your phone and then install it again from the store. You may have encountered a problem while installing the app. This step should be done after you upgrade the app. Important information is that the app will be deleted along with all other downloaded programs.
Your Wi-Fi signal may be weak. This could be due to a variety of reasons.
You can turn off any devices sharing your network and remove them from it. They will be competing for bandwidth. You should be closer to the router as the signal quality is lessened the further you get away. Restarting the router can also help.
Programs create a lot of data and cache. These files can clog up your computer and make your BBC iPlayer unusable. You can delete these cached files to fix the problem.
BBC iPlayer allows you to download some of your favorite shows to your computer, so you can view them offline. If you're going on an extended trip and don't have internet access, this is a great option.
FlixPal allows you to watch and download videos directly from BBC iPlayer. This downloader doesn't allow ads, so you don't need to be concerned about annoying advertisements interrupting your viewing experience when you are offline.
- Download and install FlixPal Video Downloader.
- Copy the URL to the upper left of the operation screen.
- Copy the URL to the BBC iPlayer video you want to download.
- Change the Quality and Format.
- Click Download to begin your download process.
This article will help you configure BBC iPlayer in America on your device. It also explains how to download and watch BBC iPlayer videos.