It is famous and one of the biggest streaming platforms for gamers and entertainers. You can have a full live session and learn new skills, but sometimes, it becomes hard to catch up with the live stream due to hectic routines and appointments. Unfortunately, Twitch does not allow downloading. So this in-depth guide will introduce you to some best methods to record Twitch stream. You will also get to know the best downloader, FlixPal Twitch Downloader. So, let’s dive into the details!
Twitch is a live-streaming platform that was launched in 2011 and is now owned by Amazon. It primarily focuses on video game streaming but has since expanded to include other forms of content such as music, creative arts, talk shows, and more.
Twitch allows content creators, also known as "streamers," to broadcast live video and audio content to their viewers, who can interact with the streamer through a chat feature. Viewers can also support their favorite streamers through various means, such as subscribing to their channels or participating in other forms of engagement.
If you are new to Twitch, you should learn How to Subscribe to a Twitch Streamer with Amazon Prime?
Twitch does not provide an official way to download streams directly from their platform. However, Twitch does allow users to record Twitch Stream. Moreover, streamers can also save their streams as videos on demand on their channels, which viewers can access after the stream has ended.
In some cases, streamers may choose to make their VODs available for download by enabling the "Download" option in their channel settings. However, this is entirely at the discretion of the streamer and not a feature provided by Twitch.
Therefore, to save a particular stream, you should learn how to record a Twitch stream. For further information, you can also learn How to Download Twitch Broadcasts and Videos?
There are many different processes to record Twitch stream. Let’s explore some to find a reliable Twitch how to record stream method.
You can record live Twitch stream if you know how to record stream on Twitch through Twitch Studio.
Follow these simple steps to save the live stream through this app.
- Navigate to the official website of Twitch Studio and click on the Download button.
- Complete the installation and launch the software. Login to your account using your credentials. Now you are asked to do some personalized settings to record Twitch streams.
- To record live streams locally, click the Start Stream button after entering the interface of the game you are willing to archive.
- The target live stream will be automatically saved to your hard disk.
You can further customize it if you want. You can change the format and location from the settings. To explore more about Twitch, you can learn How to Upload Videos to Twitch?
VLC is a well-known media player, but you can also use it as a screen recorder. This software is a reliable answer to the question, "Can you record a Twitch stream?" If you have VLC and are willing to record Twitch stream, follow these simple steps:
- First of all, you need to download Livestreamer on your device and open the VLC media player.
- Navigate to the Command section to select the livestreamer. Set the URL to a particular channel like Twitch. Apart from that, you can also set the low, high, and other sources to record the Twitch Stream.
- Once launching the VLC live stream player, click on the recording button to record Twitch live streams.
- After recording, you can hit the stop button to save the stream into the device.
OBS is one of the most competent software for Twitch record streams. The best thing about this software is that both streamers and viewers can use it to save live streams. You need to follow these simple steps to learn how to record your stream on Twitch.
- Download and install OBS on your computer. Launch OBS and go to settings from the main menu.
- Select the recording format you want to use from the Output menu, as well as the location to save the video. You can also set the resolution, frame rate, and other settings for your recording from the video section.
- Return to the main OBS window and click on the + button from the Sources section to add a new source. Then Select Window Capture to download the Twitch stream.
- Select the Twitch stream you want to record by choosing the appropriate window and hit the Start Recording button to begin recording the Twitch stream.
When you have finished recording, click the recording button again to stop the process.
Twitch allows you to save your live streams as VODs (Videos on Demand) on your channel, so your viewers can watch them later. Here are the steps to save your Twitch streams as VODs:
- Log in to your Twitch account and go to your channel dashboard.
- Click on the Settings tab and then click on Channel from the left-hand menu.
- Scroll to the Stream section and toggle on the Store past broadcasts option.
- Choose the length of time you want to keep your past broadcasts. You can choose to keep them for up to 60 days.
- Click on Save Changes to save your settings.
Once you have enabled the Store past broadcasts option, your Twitch streams will be automatically saved as VODs on your channel after the stream ends. Viewers can access these VODs from your channel page.
How to record Twitch stream is a common question, but it is hard to find a reliable means. There is a wide range of screen recorders present, but the authentic ones are designed to serve only streamers. Moreover, the screen recorders hinder the quality of output video.
To record Twitch stream, you need a powerful and reliable video downloader
Screen recorders can help record Twitch streams, but they cannot maintain the quality and security of your device. For this purpose, you should choose a trustworthy platform such as FlixPal Twitch downloader. This software is specially designed to facilitate streams and users.
Here are some exclusive features FlixPal.
- It saves the live streams in HD quality.
- If you want to save multiple streams at a time, FlixPal has you covered. The batch download feature will help you save multiple videos at a time.
- Ads can destroy your viewing experience, but this downloader can free you from some of these irritating factors and can have a seamless, fun time.
- You can save the subtitles in an external SRT file and keep it safe in your device in case of requirement.
- This downloader supports a large number of formats, so you can transfer files between different computers.
Twitch is the most popular streaming platform with significant viewership. However, it does not allow saving live streams due to security concerns. If you want to learn how to record a stream on Twitch to watch in your free time, you can avail FlixPal Twitch downloader. It saves the live stream in high audio and video quality without breaking the bank. Get a hand on this to work without worrying about missing your favorite life.