Vimeo is a rapidly growing hosting site that offers opportunities to post and host videos. Here you can find all kinds of content, ranging from video demonstrations to music. However, sometimes the Vimeo gets down and prevents you from continuing your fun time so you may think to record Vimeo. Fortunately, you can overcome this issue by using a screen recorder or a worthy downloader such as FlixPal Vimeo downloader. Read this guide to learn how to record a video on Vimeo.
What Is Vimeo Video?
It is a well-known video-sharing and hosting platform where people can share their creativity with a huge audience. Thousands of videos with different themes and intentions are available on-site to entertain the users.
Vimeo is considered as the pioneer of online streaming platforms. Moreover, it focuses on users' privacy and video quality and has fewer rules for censorship of the content. It does not allow downloading, like other platforms. That is why people wonder, Can You Record Shows on Paramount Plus? Or others.
Can You Record Vimeo Videos?
It is a common concern of people who usually face unstable, slow, and interrupted internet connections. Fortunately, you can record Vimeo videos to enjoy the show without interruption. As there is no built-in downloading option available, you need to take assistance from third-party screen recorders.
The screen recorder might seem to be a difficult option, but it is not. Many people are already leveraging this software by learning How to Record Your Favorite Shows on Apple TV or other streaming services.
3 Best Methods to Safely Record Vimeo Video on Desktop
Have you been wondering how to record a Vimeo video? Fortunately, you have landed at the right place. Here we have discussed some of the best methods for Vimeo record screens. The best part about this guide is that you do not need any tech specialists. So, let's dive right into it!
Record Vimeo Video with Screen Recorder
Third-party screen recorders are one of the best options to screen record Vimeo if you have time. You can find paid and free screen recorders such as Bandicam and more.
Bandicam screen recorder is simple and easiest to use as its operation is straightforward. To learn details about Vimeo recording videos through Bandicam, follow these simple steps.
- Download and install Bandicam from the official website. After installation, launch it on your computer.
- Click on the "Screen Recording Mode" icon on the main interface of the software. Select the area of the screen you want to record by clicking and dragging the cursor over it. You can also choose to record the entire screen.
- Customize recording settings, such as output format, video quality, and frame rate. Then, hit the "Record" button to record Vimeo live stream or simple video.
- Once the video has finished, click the "Stop" button to finish recording. Bandicam will automatically save the recorded video file to your computer.
You can then edit or share the video to different devices. If you wonder about a platform other than Vimeo, check out How to Screen Record Peacock on Different Devices?
Capture Vimeo Video with Free Online Recorder
In case your device does not have enough space to download a screen recorder, you can use an online screen recorder to record Vimeo. Follow these steps to Vimeo screen record with a free online tool.
- Navigate to the website of a free online recorder, such as Apowersoft.
- Click the "Start Recording" or "Record for Free" button on the homepage. You need to follow the prompts to install any necessary plugins if required.
- Once the recorder is launched, select the area of your screen you want to record by selecting the Area or Fullscreen option.
- Start playing the Vimeo video you want to record, and immediately click on the "Record" button on the recorder to start recording.
- When finished, stop the recording and save the video file to your computer.
Free online screen recorders are not device-specific, so you can use this method on all devices. You can select the output format to improve the compatibility of the video.
Record Video Through Vimeo Chrome Extension
Apart from screen recorders, the Chrome extension is another reliable option. This tool lets you conveniently record Vimeo without following complex methods and paying hefty fees. It captures the video from a webcam and supports a microphone to save the audio within. To use this method, you need to log in to your Vimeo account and follow these steps.
- Install the Vimeo Record video extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Open the Vimeo website in Google Chrome. Click on the Vimeo Record extension icon in the Chrome toolbar to launch the recorder.
- Start playing the Vimeo video you want to record and hit the recording button to start recording the video.
- Click the stop button once the video has finished and save it to your device.
After saving the video, you can edit it, add captions or annotations, and then upload it to your Vimeo account.
Does Screen Recording Disturb Quality and Performance?
Screen recorders are the ultimate solution to save Vimeo videos, but it brings in lots of drawbacks that can hinder your overall experience. The free screen recorders are not safe. They contain lots of pop-ups launched with malware and viruses. It not only harms your computer but can also delete entire data.
Moreover, the screen recorders do not directly download the video. It means they hinder the quality to some extent. The video can be blurry enough to destroy your fun time. Therefore, we suggest you get a hand on a reliable downloader.
How to Safely Download Video Through Vimeo Video?
Safety and quality should be your priority to enjoy the music and favorite show. Only trustworthy video downloaders such as FlixPal Vimeo Downloader can ensure quality time. It is one of the best video downloaders that maintains original video quality to give crispy clear results.
FlixPal Vimeo Downloader is equipped with a wide range of features to save time. You can download multiple videos in one go with batch download support. Here are some notable benefits of using FlixPal Vimeo Downloader:
- Save the videos in high quality as it can support videos up to 1080p.
- You can save subtitles in different languages in the form of an external SRT file.
- While downloading, FlixPal filters out the ads from the videos automatically to have a seamless experience.
- It supports a large number of formats and even converts the video into an MP4 file for your convenience. You can share and enjoy the video on any device.
Vimeo is a video hosting platform that opens the door to many opportunities for different people. At the same time, people appreciate this platform for a variety of entertainment and ideas. However, you need a strong internet connection to keep watching Vimeo content because it does not allow downloading.
If you want to save video for offline streaming, you need to record Vimeo by using the best downloader, such as FlixPal Vimeo downloader. It saves the video in high quality and no time. With the support of different formats, you can download videos in any format to share with different devices.