Do you want to see Star Wars but don't know in what order? Are you wondering "I want to see Star Wars, but I don't know in which order to see them!
The first Star Wars movie was released in the U.S. in 1977 and has been loved by people all over the world for many years. In addition to the nine films in the main series, many other films (animation and live-action series) that share the same worldview have been produced, and spin-off films will be produced and released from 2022.
Since there are so many films and spin-offs, it is difficult to know which one to start watching. For those who have never seen the films but are interested in them, or for those who remember seeing them but do not remember the stories well and want to review them, we will introduce them in "order of release" and "chronological order" in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. We will also explain in detail how to download your favorite films, so please check it out.
Star Wars" movies are categorized into three groups
The main series, Episodes 1 through 9, are three films in one storyline, each with a different historical background and core characters. As shown below, they are divided into three parts: "The Old Trilogy," "The New Trilogy," and "The Continuing Trilogy!"
The series featuring Anakin Skywalker <New Trilogy / Prequel Trilogy> is a retroactive work, and you can watch it without this trilogy to understand the story, so if you are busy and don't have much time, I recommend watching only the other 6 films. The following is the recommended order for those who want to quickly watch Star Wars.
1. "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" (1977)
2. "Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back" (1980)
3. "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi" (1983)
4. "Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens" (2015)
5. "Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi" (2017)
6. "Star Wars Episode 9: Dawn of the Skywalker" (2019)
For those new to "Star Wars," the order of release is recommended
If you are a beginner who has never seen "Star Wars" before, I recommend watching them in the order of their release. I'll explain why in more detail later, but first, let's look at the order of release! (including spin-offs)
Star Wars films in the order of their release
1. The movie "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" (released in 1977)
2. "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" (released in 1980)
3. "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi" (released in 1983)
4. "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" (1999)
5. "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" (released in 2002)
6. "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" (2005)
7. "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" (2015)
8. the movie "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" (released in 2016)
9. the movie "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (released in 2017)
10. "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story" movie (released in 2018)
11. "Star Wars: Dawn of the Skywalker" movie (released in December 2019)
'Why did they start the release with Episode IV when there are nine full-length films?'
You may be asking yourself such a question.
In fact, director George Lucas originally had a plan for all nine films in the "Star Wars" series in mind before production. However, due to inadequate production budget, it was unclear whether the series could be made into a series, so he started with Episode 4, which was deemed relatively easy to understand the story and could be produced with the technology and budget available at the time.
The reason why I recommend beginners to watch the films in the order of their release is that they can enjoy the same surprises that fans experienced at the time. "I didn't know that the character was actually XXX!" I didn't know that character was...", "I didn't know that secret about...", etc. etc. Of course, you will be able to experience the development of visual technology, and at the same time, you will naturally feel the history of the series.
If you want to review "Star Wars" in chronological order!
Star Wars films in chronological order
1. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace" (released in 1999)
2. "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" (released in 2002)
3. Animated film "Star Wars: The Clone Wars
4. Animated television series "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" Seasons 1-6
5. Animated television series "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" Final Season
6. Movie "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" (released in 2005)
7. Movie "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story" (released in 2018)
8. Live-action drama "Obi-Wan Kenobi
9. animated television production "Star Wars: Rebels" (released in 2006)
10. film "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" (released in 2016)
11. the film "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" (released in 1977)
12. "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" (released in 1980)
13. "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi" (released in 1983)
14. Live-action drama "The Mandalorian
15. Live-action drama "The Book of Boba Fett
16. Animated TV series "Star Wars Resistance
17. Film "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" (2015)
18. "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" film (released in 2017)
19. "Star Wars: Dawn of the Skywalker" movie (released December 2019)
Unlike the "changes in the series" when viewed in order of release, viewing the films in chronological order allows for a deeper understanding of the world of "Star Wars" on a time scale of "what happened and when on a galactic world far, far away". If you watch the films in chronological order with the spin-offs, you will understand questions and foreshadowing that you did not understand at once, and you will enjoy the films on a deeper level, so if you want to review the series, please taste it again in chronological order.
Disney+ is the best place to watch the "Star Wars" series.
U-NEXT, dTV, Amazon Premium Video, and Disney+ (Disney Plus) are some of the video distribution services that offer Star Wars. If you are simply looking for Star Wars, Disney+ ( Disney Plus) is the most economical.
Because with Disney+, you can watch all Star Wars movies for only 990 yen per month (including tax), whereas with other video delivery services, you have to rent them.
I love Disney movies! I want to watch the entire Star Wars series! If you love Disney movies and want to watch all the Star Wars series, you can't go wrong by joining Disney+ (Disney Plus).
Disney+ (Disney Plus) is a subscription service that allows you to watch all the best and hottest Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic movies anytime, anywhere. As a Star brand, it also offers a wide variety of dramas and movies for adults to enjoy. The advantages of this service are summarized as follows.
1. All the films distributed are for all ages, so even families with small children can enjoy them with peace of mind.
2. Disney Plus original movies can be watched. Mandalorian," the first drama in the Star Wars series, is a good example.
3. Multiple device support. Up to 5 devices can be logged in with the same account, allowing simultaneous viewing on up to 4 devices.
4. Download and enjoy offline anytime.
FlixPal Disney Downloader is the best way to download "Disney+ (Disney Plus)".
What is FlixPal Disney Downloader?
FlixPal Disney Downloader is a product of FlixPal and is an excellent tool for downloading videos with high speed and high quality. With just a few clicks, you can download popular movies, original productions, and animated videos from Disney Plus, and save them to video in versatile MP4/MKV format up to 4K, with multilingual subtitles and audio tracks.
Nice features of FlixPal Disney Downloader
1. Download Disney Plus movies up to 4K/1080P in high quality.
2. Download Disney Plus videos in MP4/MKV format.
3. Select your favorite subtitles and audio tracks for the Disney+ videos you want to save
4. Save subtitles as external SRT files
5. Download multiple videos at the same time without limitations, easier and faster!
How to use FlixPal Disney Downloader
1. First, download the app from the official FlixPal Disney Downloader website.
It supports both Mac and Windows, so check your system and click the "Free Download" button.
2. Open the downloaded application. Click "Disney+" in the "Streaming Services" category on the left side of the home page.
3. After jumping into the official website, log in.
4. Find the video you want to download and click "Play" to enter the viewing page.
- Once the analysis is complete, you will see a dialog about the work. Select the episode you want to download, its quality, subtitles, and audio.
- Click "Download Now" and the download will begin immediately. Click "Add to queue" if you want to download all the videos at once. If you want to check the download status of the video, click "Downloading" on the homepage.
This article has described the order in which to watch Star Wars. If you are new to Star Wars, we recommend watching it in order of release, and if you didn't get it the first time or want to enjoy it on a deeper level, we recommend watching it in chronological order.
Furthermore, Disney+ offers the best deal on all Star Wars movies compared to other movie rental services, so if you are a Star Wars fan, you should definitely use Disney+ to watch Star Wars movies. If you are a Star Wars fan, please use Disney+ to watch the series.
If you want to watch the Star Wars series offline with your family at any time, we also recommend using FlixPal Disney Downloader.
[Spoiler] Jutsu Kaisen Gojo Satoru's Beautiful Eye Color! Why is he hiding his eyes?